Read the article given in the link carefully and answer the following questions accordingly.
- The growing environment of the tomatoes could be described as revolutionary / disgusting / unacceptable/ useless/ unnecessary.
- What do the scientists aim to demonstrate with the experimental fish tank?
- It is implied in the text that researchers are aiming to set up __________________________________ like on Earth to provide a constant food supply.
- According to Hauslage, it is not possible to build a long living biological system on the Earth without the help of ___________________________________.
- The reason for including the pumice stones in the columns is to enable ___________________________________________________________
- The satellite to orbit the Earth; a) will spin less times to simulate the gravity of Mars than to simulate the gravity of the Moon b) will spin less times to simulate the gravity of Moon than to simulate the gravity of Mars. c) will sustain the same spin rate for the Moon and Mars.
- Hauslage states that it is essential for an efficient fertiliser to include _________________________.
- It is implied in the text that human excrement may be used in the future in growing food. T/F
- It is implied in the text that providing tasty food will be the principal aim of scientists / providing nutricious food will be the principal aim of scientists.
-Write a summary of the text, and do not exceed 5 sentences.
Answer key is below
Berat Emre Şahin
- tomatoes could be cultivated on the Moon or Mars
- a closed biological system
- plants, animals and microbes.
- Some bacteria to convert amonia into nitrite and others to convert this into nitrate salts
- a lot of potassium
- second phrase