Effects of Music: Listening to music is one of the most important and common activities we all perform all day long. Once you put on your earphones and play your favorite music, it is like ignoring the outer world and focusing on your inner world. One of the causes of the fact that we see nearly all of the people we encounter on the street or on the bus is that. After a long and tiring day, we all need a therapy to recover from this mental and physical burden and music is one of the best ways to do so.
- How Music Affects Us and Promotes Health
- Effects of Music on Society
- Music and the Brain: Jessica Grahn at TEDxWesternU
- The healing power of music: Robin Spielberg at TEDxLancaster
- How Music Can Heal Our Brain and Heart | Kathleen M. Howland | TEDxBerkleeValencia
Writing Task: After reading the articles about the effects of music on our brains and bodies and watching the talks, write an essay discussing the possible effects of music on our lives. While writing your essay, keep these points in your mind:
- What are the effects of music on your spiritual and mental world?
- Why do you listen to music?
- What kinds of music affect you in what ways?
- Music can enhance our memory, energy and soothe us during the day.