Pre-reading: Listening and writing
Watching the video ‘What is Computer forensics‘
Choose the correct prepositional phrases for the sentences below. The sentences come directly from the video.
Subjected to –- associated with – pertaining to – with the aim of –accepted as
- Computer forensics is a branch of digital forensic science ___________________ legal evidence.
- The goal of computer forensics is to examine digital media __________________ identifying facts.
- It is most often ________________ the investigation of a wide variety of computer crime.
- Evidence from computer forensic investigation is usually_______________ the same guidelines of other digital evidence.
- It is becoming widely _________________ reliable within U.S.
Post Reading: Writing and speaking
Latest Ransomware Threat
‘’CryptoWall is a new ransomware which encrypts files on a computer’s hard drive. It directs the user to a personalized victim ransom page which contains the initial ransom. The ransomware gives instructions about how to purchase Bitcoins. CryptoWall infects victims when they click on links in malicious e-mails.These infections can be devastating. Moreover, recovery can be a difficult process. ‘’
The original text can be found at FBI’s website,
– After reading the sample above, check for different news of cybercrime and write a paragraph(50-100 words) about the news.
– Discuss your news in the class.
Prepared by Büşra Kamaz and Didem Bayrak